New Workflow: Download an Instagram Video
If you use the Workflow app for iOS, you can run this workflow to download an Instagram video. All you have to do is copy the share URL in the app to your clipboard and run the workflow, and it will download the video to your Camera Roll.
The Workflow, Step-by-Step, Explained
- Get Clipboard: Get contents of clipboard.
- URL: Save the clipboard as an URL.
- Get Contents of URL: Download the web page.
- Make HTML from Rich Text: Convert to HTML.
- Split Text: at <meta property="og:video" content="
- Get Item from List: The above action splits the HTML into an array of two items. The workflow passes the 2nd item -- which starts with the link to the video -- to the next action.
- Split Text: The link to the video is followed by a quote, so this workflow splits the input at ".
- Get Item from List: The input is a large array, from which this action choose the first item, which is the link to the video.
- Get Contents of URL: Get the video.
- Save to Photo Album: Download to device.