New Workflow: Download an Instagram Image to Your Camera Roll
If you're on your iOS device, install this workflow. When you're in Instagram for iOS, copy the share URL, and then run the workflow. It will grab the post's thumbnail image and download it to your Camera Roll.
The Workflow, Step-by-Step, Explained
- Get Clipboard: Grabs the Instagram share URL from the clipboard.
- Set Variable: Takes this URL and gives it the variable name url.
- Text: Appends the url variable to http://api.instagram.com/oembed/?url=
- Get Contents of URL: Gets the contents of this URL, which is a JSON array.
- Get Dictionary from Input: From the app: "Makes a dictionary from the text passed as input. JSON ... and key-value pairs ... are supported."
- Get Value for Key: Gets the value for the key thumbnail_url.
- Get Contents of URL: Gets the contents of this URL, which is an image.
- Save Photo to Album: Saves it to the Photos app.